Important Enrollment Dates:
Enrollment for New Students begins January 30, 2017.
Access the registration packet here.
EdChoice Scholarship Program
What is it?
The EdChoice Scholarship Program provides up to 60,000 state-funded scholarships to students who attend low-performing public school buildings. The scholarship must be used to attend private schools that meet requirements for program participation.
Who qualifies for EdChoice?
The following students are eligible to apply for EdChoice scholarship:
- Students currently attending a designated public school in their resident district;
- Students attending a public school in their resident district who will be assigned to one of the designated public schools for the upcoming school year;
- Students currently attending a charter/community school whose assigned home school is a designated public school building;
- Students eligible to enter kindergarten for fall of the upcoming school year (and who will be age 5 by January 1st of that school year) who would be assigned to one of the designated public schools; or
- Students enrolling in an Ohio school for the first time who would be assigned to one of the designated public schools for the upcoming school year,
The following students are eligible to apply for EdChoice Expansion scholarship:
- Students eligible to enter kindergarten, first, or second grade whose assigned home school is not a designated public school building;
- whose family income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
EdChoice Quick Links
Private School Aide Service (PSAS)
HCS offers scholarships through PSAS to families who do not qualify for the EdChoice Scholarship Program. This scholarship has to be renewed yearly and scholarship award is subject to change.
This application can be submitted online or by paper. Paper applications must be submitted to Tyka Grant. All applications have fee of $41 that must be paid when submitting the application.